Using secondary button layout C is highly recommended.
Mapcancelling is opening your map and then closing it again as fast as possible.
When you magically can't attack anymore, open and closing your map might be a fix. (else, suicide (L3+R3), else leave the game and join again)
'Class switching' is pressing triangle (default primary layout)
- Charging a bomb-throw longer will not add damage, only range.
- Trees don't need two full chops, just one full and a quarter charged chop.
Best DPS (damage per second):
Doublebombing: charge your axe attack, switch to bomb and throw, then switch to axe and charge again. Mapcancelling may help when you get stuck in the doublebombing cycle.
- Buttonmash the attack button to break out of ice faster (works with all classes).
- Fire AoE frees frozen teammates and enemies, ice AoE extinguishes teammates and enemies who are on fire.
- After having released a charge, switch class to cancel out the time to wait before charging again.
Use mapcancelling: Right after you have fired your charge, mapcancel to cancel out the time to charge again. This is slighty faster than switching classes.
- Jumping, hiding behind objects and suddenly changing your movement direction help avoiding arrows. (works with all classes)
- Jumping and firing your arrow in mid-air may increase accuracy.
- Use the shotgun (It's a shotgun. End of discussion.) for close range, arrows for long range (arrows still have a nice change to hit if your target is outside your target range)
- After having shot an arrow, you can switch class to cancel out the waiting time to charge again.
- Don't doubleshoot for a +12 happiness and respect boost.
Use quickcharging: Charge an arrow, fire the arrow THEN switch to shotgun, start charging again, switch to your bow&arrow. (When you switch to shotgun before firing, you are doubleshooting, this is a game breaking glitch, don't use it.)
- Charge the AoE (area of effect, the group healing/cursing attack), both for healing and cursing, as light priest, switch class just before attacking if you want to curse the enemy. (The light priest runs much faster than the dark priest when charging the AoE)
- When enemies are frozen, firing a dark AoE at them will cause them to break out.
- If there are teammates around, don't be dark priest only. Keeping teammates alive is the priest's main task.
- When escorting it's mostly a good idea to let another class carry the princess. Keep distance of the princess carrier when he/she is under attack to stay alive, heal the carrier and you will both have a better change of staying alive.
The priest isn't an DPS class, but for being most effective: Use mapcancelling: When you have fired any attack/heal, mapcancel to cancel the waiting time before charging again. (Very useful for quick light priest AoE to line healing)
- Mapcancel after having fired the dash (halberd charge) attack to cancel the delay for charging again. This way you can dash very fast, you can also take a quick peek at the map every time you dash.
- Strafe (L2 with secondary button layout C) for another way to put your shield up, useful for protecting teammates behind you.
Attack with your halberd charge attack, then, when your halberd is at it's highest point or when all possible damage is dealt, mapcancel and repeat the process.
Pirate & Ninja
- The pirate's movement is slighty faster than the ninja's
- Firing a full charge from close range does significantly more damage than from long range.
- Stealthgrabbing: As ninja, grab an object right when activating stealth mode to carry an object while being invisible. (Flying cake may still be caused by ghosts, however)
Use mapcancelling: mapcancel just when you've fired, both firing an as least as possible charged shot as an average charged shot work great. Smallest charge recommended for ninja (when attacking continuously), average charge for Pirate at shorter range, at larger range use the smallest charge for highest DPS.
- Having a good connection greatly improves damage caused
- Giantgrabbing: To grab things as giant, grab a purple hat (giant, pirate, ninja), switch class until you are pirate, then, when standing in front of object to pick up, press circle and triangle almost simultaniously. (Giantgrabbing the princess isn't always tolerated, I don't recommend to do that).
Use mapcancelling: Mapcancel just before your charged attack ends for cancelling delay.
- One could commit suicide to become featherless again faster. (not recommended)
- Mapcancelling works, it's useless though.
- Commit suicide to drop 3 gayballs, When another player consumes this gayball, he/she will become a reaper (too).
- commit suicide to drop one gayball.
- WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOO IMA HUGANTIC CHICKEN WOOOOOOOOOOOO
Don't listen to any of these tips. None of them work.
Just tell when you want to add/improve something.
Edited by Rage_Troll, 11 July 2012 - 05:52 AM.