Snover (/Stripy)

I am a meat popsicle

• Clan: Raiders of Pancakes
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMiami FL.
  • PSN ID:stripytails777

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

This is the most saddest thing ever...

Edited by stripytails777, 22 July 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#2 dserna

dserna

Fresh Cookie

• Clan: Atomic Titans
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChicago, ILL
  • PSN ID:dserna247

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

It was actually 12 victims..

#3 Souldoubt

Souldoubt

N00b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoconos, Pa
  • PSN ID:Souldoubt999

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Tragedies like this can happen anywhere to anybody. People get a false sense of security in public places, where in reality we're trusting complete strangers to act civilized. Even if there were no guns, some lunatic will find a way to kill a bunch of people.

#4 OhEmGeek

OhEmGeek

Dee Dee Deeee!

• Clan: Broccoli Crew
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHome of the Amish
  • PSN ID:OhEmGeek

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

I don't know why you felt the need to create a thread to bring more attention to it..

#5 Souldoubt

Souldoubt

N00b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoconos, Pa

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I don't know why you felt the need to create a thread to bring more attention to it..

It's a perfectly valid post for the off-topic section. Are we supposed to ignore that it happened? Just sayin, someone here could have been affected by the tragedy and could find your comment a little insensitive.

#6 Cruise

Cruise

Cake Slice

• Clan: Snackers
  • 1,209 posts
  • PSN ID:The_Cruise

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

You have no right to tell anyone what kind of threads they can make, though you might say your 1st amendment technically gives you the right to say whatever youwant, however you are just another member in this website and you don't create any rules or don't have any sort of authority.

#7 Somebody you knew

Somebody you knew

BEEES!

• Clan: The Jokers
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

This is a sensitive issue and all you care about is telling somebody off and giving negative points because you think you can post anything you want? The guy was crazy and wanted attention.

Thank you all for giving crazy people more attention than they deserve.

#8 Souldoubt

Souldoubt

N00b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoconos, Pa

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Perhaps we need new forum "Off-Topic That You're Sure Everyones Going To Like. It was tails bad really, he should have check with all of you first.

#9 delriare

delriare

It's over 9,000!

• Clan: Atomic Titans
  • 1,283 posts
  • PSN ID:delriare

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

POPULAR

Way to use a tragedy as another way to bicker, argue and belittle each other. This isn't why i created this forum in the first place.

Have some respect.

#10 OhEmGeek

OhEmGeek

Dee Dee Deeee!

• 88 posts
  • LocationHome of the Amish
  • PSN ID:OhEmGeek

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Where is it that I said he could not make a post about this? I never once said he couldn't... I simply was ASKING why he felt the need to draw more attention to something that happened days before. I'm sorry I was tired of hearing all about this tragedy, and didn't see a point to this thread. I never once meant to appear insensitive or disrespectful; I just agree with Tex on this matter by giving a terrible tragedy like this more publicity gives the bad guys more power. Go ahead and give me those negative kudos; you feel better about yourselves now?

#11 Souldoubt

Souldoubt

N00b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoconos, Pa

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

See! Instead of a battle over kudos, this can turn into a nice debate over the huge amount of publicity criminals get, which apparently I am for. The publicity the bad guys receive is hardly considered good, besides what are they going to do with it all? I don't see any endorsements or reality shows coming out of it. Even if they made millions, all that's going to get them is all the cigarettes they can smoke on death row. I don't understand, what kind of power does that give them?

#12 BlackEmerald

BlackEmerald

Fresh Cookie

• Banned
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • PSN ID:WhiteEmerald_

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Kinda interesting to see how people were excited for the violence but when the real thing happened, they were screaming and fearing. I don't mean that in an insulting way. Oh crap...i got chocolate on my hoody. -_-

Edited by Huh, 23 July 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#13 JRooster76

JRooster76

Ice Spam King

• Club: The Originals
  • 175 posts
  • PSN ID:JRooster76

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

POPULAR

I don't want to keep the bickering going but I have to agree with Souldoubt. It's a perfectly acceptable topic given the magnitude of the event. There could be members here who were directly affected by the tragedy and would like to express themselves. As far as giving more attention to that monster, homeboy already got it in spades. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few days, there's no way you didn't hear about this. One more thread ain't gonna make a difference. However, rather than debating whether or not this thread should have been made in the first place, why not focus on expressing our sympathies for those who may have lost a loved one. Or maybe engage in a healthy debate about gun control laws or capital punishment. Anything but this.

#14 Snover (/Stripy)

Snover (/Stripy)

I am a meat popsicle

• Clan: Raiders of Pancakes
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMiami FL.
  • PSN ID:stripytails777

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

WHOA SHIT, oh did i get an argument about this!? This is supposed to be discussed thoroughly. And Time to argue, FF.N style.

Oh, i dunno, because i can. And also because its a huge tradgedy, that 12 people died, but 56 were traumatized. How could you bring the "DONT FEED THE TROLLS" Card here? That's not going to make a difference!

Where is it that I said he could not make a post about this? I never once said he couldn't... I simply was ASKING why he felt the need to draw more attention to something that happened days before. I'm sorry I was tired of hearing all about this tragedy, and didn't see a point to this thread. I never once meant to appear insensitive or disrespectful; I just agree with Tex on this matter by giving a terrible tragedy like this more publicity gives the bad guys more power. Go ahead and give me those negative kudos; you feel better about yourselves now?

Oh gee, because i wanted to hear the other thoughts of my closest community, because i take very sensitively to this tragedy. But i guess you have to be insensitive and just say that we shouldn't give that monster attention..
And if your tired of hearing of the incident, are you going to act the same way on 9/11 when for example we do a memorial of the thousands of people that died? And besides, a few days ago is still very young. That point is void. I'm suprised you don't have as many negative kudos as your first post was. Also, why are you so upset about me posting this thread? Because something terrible happend and i have no right to post it!? I already gave you some awnsers. SHAME ON YOU GEEK, SHAME.

Edited by stripytails777, 23 July 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#15 B_H_

B_H_

Fresh Cookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

POPULAR

At the end of the day, this is a discussion board; the point being for people to come together and discuss things relevant to the forum they are posting in. The shooting that happened in Aurora isn’t just about the shooter, but it’s also about the victims, and other issues related to what happened; such as how we regulate gun control in this country, how we can better diagnose people with mental illness, how movie theaters can improve their security measures, how journalists should report on shootings like this, and so on. In other words, there is a lot that can be talked about that is related to the shooting, and for that reason I think it is absolutely worth making a topic about. Also, it is human nature to be curious and to want to learn more. I agree that inadvertently turning people like James Holmes into anti-heroes is a bad idea; however, I think putting one’s head in the sand and ignoring the issue(s) altogether is just as bad.

#16 Kastan2

Kastan2

Nerf Herder

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWy-f'n-oming
  • PSN ID:Kastan2

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

#17 mattblack04

mattblack04

Cake Slice

• 1,240 posts
  • Locationmichigan thumbnail
  • PSN ID:mattblack04

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

I don't think he wanted attention so much as he's insane. He showed up in court with clown hair and rigged his apartment to explode as well. You'd think someone who just wanted attention would be happy in the court room, but he just looked bored and not there.

Not everyone just wants attention. Some are sociopaths with no regard for human life. He'd apparently been planning this for months, which is an odd time frame for an attention whore and definitely not the mind of someone who just snapped.

#18 Souldoubt

Souldoubt

N00b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoconos, Pa

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Also, it is human nature to be curious and to want to learn more. I agree that inadvertently turning people like James Holmes into anti-heroes is a bad idea; however, I think putting one’s head in the sand and ignoring the issue(s) altogether is just as bad.

BH you took the words right out of my mouth..errr fingers..."Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it" or however that goes. Making Holmes an anti-hero isn't going to influence other people to do what he did. Holmes was influenced by a fictional character! It makes me so mad that they felt it necessary to increase the security at other premiers.
There's NO WAY to prevent events like this; even by making guns illegal and strip searching us before we enter any public place. Some lunatic will figure out a way to kill people with styrofoam. Hell, what's stopping them from just taking their car and plowing through a crowd? It's common human decency that's what it is.

Rant over...Ohh, I hope we get someone for gun control to debate with us....